Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hypocritical much?

In lieu of my usual ranting, I would like to show you a video.

I couldn't help  but laugh at the hypocrisy of  these students. Regardless of your political affiliation, I think most of these students didn't understand the selfishness of their actions, particularly because they themselves do not pay heavily into the government.
I mean, think about that video for a second. If the top 10% of our country must give more of their money away for the poor people of this country, then what would be the problem with the government doing the same with State Universities or even Community Colleges? It doesn't matter if you don't like the idea because, in principal, both ideas go hand in hand. Why commit to one unselfish policy but not the other?

Perhaps this video exposes one thing: the irony of politics. Most people will tell you they feel 'very strongly' on an issue, but usually when faced with cold, hard evidence against their issue they will either not defend their issue, or will just say "you are so stupid. shut up" and move on. I cannot count how many times I have heard teenagers say "I will vote for Palin" but not say why. I have also heard people say "I voted for Hillary because she is a woman". Solid and intelligent answers are so hard to come by these days. 

So to every college student out there, I would encourage you to speak your mind only if you can prove that college is paying off. "Thats not fair" is worse than not answering the question at all. I think this has opened my eyes to something important, our voters are uneducated. I can't blame them though, because it has taken dozens of books, hundreds of reports, and countless other means of research to figure out my own opinions on our nations most critical and newsworthy issues.

As a side project, I am going to create myself a little binder of stances on both sides of national issues! That way when I go out and about, I can keep people updated on the issues!

Thoughts? Questions? Let me know what you think! Be sure to follow me on Twitter at katherineabrown 
Until next time,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment